Monday, 14 September 2015
Please spend time with me looking at my portfolio for Term 3 and do my Home Led Conference with me. Just click on each slide and I can talk to you about my learning. There are questions and prompts in the yellow boxes to give you an idea of some things to ask me. I know you will enjoy my amazing learning!
Thursday, 25 June 2015
Purpose: To share our learning about Matariki; what is it? And how we can celebrate Matariki in our own way?
- Retell the story of Matariki like a play
- Write a story about Matariki
- Make a model about Matariki
- Create a piece of art about Matariki
- Learn and sing songs.
- Create a movie about Matariki to share (it could be a legend or about Matariki)
- Create a facts Kahoot about Matariki
- Create a TV commercial advertising Matariki
- Create a debate about this statement: “Matariki Day should be a National Holiday”
- Choose one of the above activities
- Ask yourself: Will it suit my buddy? Is it appropriate for the amount of people in my group?
- Research some facts about Matariki: What, When, Where, Why, How, Who?
- What resources do you need?
- Prepare the things you need for morning for buddy time
- you will have from to complete it with your buddy
- The following week you will have more time to edit / practise / put on the final touches
- Be prepared to share with the whole-school on Thursday Matariki Day
Phoebe, Freya, Ruby & Kalia (Rm 3)
Annaliese, Noah, Mason & Troy (Rm 4)
Toby, Lenni, Ryder, Jack (Breakout rm 4/5)
Hannah,Abby, Manaia, Addisyn (Rm 6)
Samantha, Halle, Aroha, Layla (Rm 6)
Azahra, Cohen, Luca, Mac
Emily, Renae, Emma, Max, Samuel (Rm6)
Emily S, Charlotte, Liwan, Porsha (Rm4)
Angus, Mason, Kairo, Benji, James (Rm 3)
Richard, Shrawan, Max, Shaun, Jackson (Staffroom)
Bella, Jayde, Miracle, .. (Rm4).
Billy, Gordon, Jayden (Rm 3 office)
Kate, Tahu, Braydon (Sick bay)
What do you enjoy the most and why? I enjoyed making the art with my little buddy and my best friend.
What challenged you the most and why? It challenged me when We had to paint the blue sky all one way.
What do you need to get better at and why? I need to get better at not putting to much paint on my paint brush.
How can adults help you with this goal? They can encourage me to do art at home.
Monday, 22 June 2015
We have been doing some amazing learning about insects and spiders this term.
We have been learning to be scientists, by ...
- drawing diagrams
- making models
- asking questions
- sorting and classifying
We looked in the gardens around school and at home and we peered through our magnifying glasses to get a close up look at the little critters. We have learnt to find the things that are the same and the things that are different between insects and spiders!
We know that spiders have 2 body parts - a cephalothorax and an abdomen, all spiders have 8 walking legs with joints, some spiders have 8 eyes and spiders have 2 palps ( pedipalps).
We know that insects have 3 body parts - a head, a thorax and an abdomen, all insects have 6 legs and 2 antennae and they have eyes.
Look at the fabulous diagrams that we have been drawing!